The stock market was like a roller coaster ride this week. It took a dip on Thursday only to shoot back up on Friday. Let’s take a look at how my accounts did this week.
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Altria Group Inc. (MO) – $88.09
- DT Midstream Inc. (DTM) – $15.56 (This was not a dividend but a cash disbursement from the spinoff from DTE Energy (DTE). DTE shareholders received 1 share of DTM for every 2 shares of DTE. In lieu of issuing fractional shares, cash disbursements were made.)
All proceeds were deposited into the core account and will be reinvested into a different position at a future date.
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – $0.43
- Medical Properties Trust Inc. (MPW) – $0.41
- American Tower Corp. (AMT) – $0.13
The dividends from JEPI and MPW were reinvested back into the underlying positions. The dividend from AMT was deposited into the core account for reinvesting at a future date. I do have AMT set up to DRIP but it does not. My guess is the dividend is too small to buy fractional shares but I need to research this more.
The total amount of dividends/distributions received this week was $104.62.
The only buys this week were in the Traditional IRA:
- Kroger Co. (KR) – 3.1 shares
There were no sells this week.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- XL Fleet Corp. (XL) – bought a closing transaction on a cash secured put with a strike price of $8.00 expiring on July 16, 2021 for a premium of -$74.68
- XL Fleet Corp. (XL) – sold a cash secured put with a strike price of $7.50 expiring on August 20, 2021 for a premium of $103.31
- Verizon (VZ) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call with a strike price of $58.00 expiring on July 9, 2021 for a premium of -$1.03.
- Verizon (VZ) – sold a covered call with a strike price of $57.00 expiring on July 16, 2021 for a premium of $8.51
The total options premium received this week was $36.11.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at $116,757. This is up $63 over the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at $629. This is up $5 over the previous week.
The 401k finished the week at $7,949. This is up $11 over the previous week.
The taxable brokerage finished the week at $310. This is down $4 over the previous week.
The total amounted invested across all accounts is $125,645. This is up $75 over the previous week. If you would like to see all of the positions in my portfolio you can by clicking on Portfolios in the menu above or by clicking this link: https://bluecollarbill.com/portfolios/.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $140.73. There was not a whole lot of activity across the accounts this week. Even so, the accounts continue to grow. Part of being an investor is learning to be patient and allow your money to work for you. I sometimes struggle with this but I have been working on being more patient with my investing. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $30. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.