The stock market continued the downward trend it has been on since the start of the year. The S&P 500 finished the week down -1.58% while the NASDAQ was down -1.76%. I expect the downtrend to continue at least for the near future with the Fed preparing to raise interest rates and the current geopolitical tensions. My accounts have not been immune to the downtrend in the market. All of my accounts were down this week. Let’s check out the details of my week.
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Proctor and Gamble Co. (PG) – $19.60
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $12.77
- British American Tobacco ADR (BTI) – $18.64 after fees
All of the dividends received in the Traditional IRA were reinvested into the underlying positions.
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- Stag Industrial Inc. (STAG) – $0.13
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. (OHI) – $1.34
- Main Street Capital Corp. (MAIN) – $0.17
All of the dividends received in the Roth IRA were reinvested into the underlying positions.
The total amount of dividends received this week was $52.65.
The following buys were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index ETF (VTI) – 5.24 shares
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) – 1 share
- Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) – 0.63 shares
- Tractor Supply Co. (TSCO) – 0.933 shares
- Brookfield Renewable Corp. (BEPC) – 3.141 shares
The following buys were made in the Roth IRA this week:
- Vanguard Growth Index ETF (VUG) – 0.036 shares
- Store Capital Corp. (STOR) – 0.323 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.064 shares
- Invesco NASDAQ Next Generation ETF (QQQJ) – 0.17 shares
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. (OHI) – 0.343 shares
- Nationwide NASDAQ 100 Risk Managed Income ETF (NUSI) – 0.405 shares
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.25 shares
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR) – 0.053 shares
- Digital Realty Trust Inc. (DLR) – 0.037 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.406 shares
- American Tower Corp. (AMT) – 0.043 shares
The following sells were made this week in the Traditional IRA:
- Fidelity MSCI Information Technology ETF (FTEC) – sold out of this position
This week I decided to sell completely out of my position in FTEC. This fund has provided above average returns but I do not like how it is weighted. Apple (AAPL) and Microsoft (MSFT) make up about 40% of this fund. With my position in MSFT plus VTI and VUG I felt I was overweight in these tech companies. I will continue to grow my positions in VTI and VUG and get my tech exposure through these funds in addition to my individual stock positions.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Invesco NASDAQ Next Generation ETF (QQQJ) – sold a cash secured put at a strike price of $28.79 expiring on March 18, 2022 for a premium of $75.31 after fees.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call at a strike price of $7.50 expiring on January 20, 2023 for a premium of -$10.03. This trade was held for about 286 days and resulted in a profit of $49.28.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $2.50 expiring on January 20, 2023 for a premium of $29.31.
- Hyliion Holdings (HYLN) – bought a closing transaction on two covered calls at a strike price of $7.00 expiring April 14, 2022 for a premium of -$28.06 after fees. This trade was held for about 28 days and resulted in a loss of -$0.74.
- Hyliion Holdings (HYLN) – sold two covered calls at a strike price of $4.00 expiring on April 14, 2022 for a premium of $118.63 after fees.
- XL Fleet Corp. (XL) – 2 cash secured puts, 1 at a strike price of $2.00 and 1 at a strike price of $7.00 expired in the money on February 18, 2022 and 200 shares will be assigned.
The XL trade is a trade gone bad. The original trade was at a strike price of $7.00. The stock price fell significantly. I sold the put at a $2.00 strike price to lower my cost basis. Now that the shares have been assigned, I will sell covered calls with the plan to try to break even on this position.
The total amount of options premium received this week was $185.16.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $119,912. This is down -$1,413 from the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $2,373. This is up $64 from the previous week. This includes an automatic bi-weekly contribution of $100 which means the account is actually down for the week.
The 401k finished the week at about $10,742. This is down -$90 from the previous week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $324. This is down -$20 from the previous week.
The little bit of bitcoin that I own finished the week at about $19. This is down about $1 from the previous week.
The total amount invested is now about $133,370. This is down -$1,460 from the previous week. All of the positions in my portfolio can be seen by clicking “Portfolios” in the menu or by clicking here.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $237.81. Despite the my overall amount invested going down, my accounts continue to provide cashflow. I view this downtrend in the market as an opportunity to buy more quality assets at a discount which will increase my future cashflow. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
On a side note, I have added a Recommended Resources in the menu. It currently is a work in progress. It will contain blogs and YouTube channels that I enjoy as well as some sites that I use. I hope you take the time to check it out.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $50. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
Varo Bank is one of the banks that I use. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 3% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link: https://bank.varomoney.com/signup?r=William360
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.