This week was another green week in the stock market. The S&P 500 finished the week up 1.94% and the NASDAQ was up 2.67%. Despite back to back positive weeks the S&P 500 is still down over 5% year to date while the NASDAQ is down over 10% year to date. I have no idea if the stock market will continue to head back up or drop down. There are a lot of headwinds still out there such as inflation, interest rates hikes and geopolitical tensions. I do know that I will continue to follow my plan and keep investing no matter what the market does. Let’s check out how my accounts did this week.
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) – $31.00
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- Nationwide NASDAQ 100 Risk Managed Income ETF (NUSI) – $2.16
All of the dividends listed above were reinvested into the underlying positions. The total amount of dividends received this week was $33.16.
The following buys were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) – 1 share
- Tractor Supply Co. (TSCO) – 1 share
- 3M Co. (MMM) – 4 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index ETF (VTI) – 2 shares
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPM) – 3 shares
- British American Tobacco ADR (BTI) – 10 shares
The following buys were made in the Roth IRA this week:
- Vanguard Growth Index ETF (VUG) – 0.034 shares
- Store Capital Corp. (STOR) – 0.341 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.063 shares
- Invesco NASDAQ Next Generation ETF (QQQJ) – 0.17 shares
- Nationwide NASDAQ 100 Risk Managed Income ETF (NUSI) – 0.202 shares
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.245 shares
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR) – 0.049 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.398 shares
- American Tower Corp. (AMT) – 0.042 shares
No sells were made this week.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) – sold a cash secured put at a strike price of $57.00 expiring on March 25, 2022 for a premium of $70.31 after fees. This trade was held for two days and expired out of the money which resulted in a profit of $70.31.
- AT&T Inc. (T) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call at a strike price of $27.00 expiring on June 17, 2022 for a premium of -$10.03 after fees. This trade was held for about 29 days and resulted in a profit of $23.28.
- AT&T Inc. (T) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call at a strike price of $26.00 expiring on April 14, 2022 for a premium of -$2.03 after fees. This trade was held for about 41 days and resulted in a profit of $33.28.
- Genius Sports Ltd. (GENI) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call at a strike price of $5.00 expiring on April 14, 2022 for a premium of -$27.03 after fees. This trade was held for about 21 days and resulted in a profit of $37.29.
- Genius Sports Ltd. (GENI) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $5.00 expiring on July 15, 2022 for a premium of $76.31 after fees.
The total amount of options premium received this week was $107.53.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $124,475. This account is up $1,378 over the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $2,963. This account is up $7 over the previous week.
The 401k finished the week at about $11,461. This account is up $65 over the previous week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $367. This account is down -$2 from the previous week.
The little bit of bitcoin that I own finished the week at about $22. This is up $1 over the previous week.
The total amount invested is now about $139,288. This is up $1,449 over the previous week. All of the positions in my portfolio can been by clicking “Portfolios” in the menu above.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $140.69. If you have been following along on the blog you know that last week I had 100 shares of Kroger (KR) called away from a covered call that finished in the money. I considered selling a cash secured put to rebuild my position but decided to wait for the stock price to come back down. Losing the KR shares and the AT&T (T) dividend cut put a big dent in my projected annual dividend income so I added to a few positions that I felt were undervalued or at least fairly valued. Speaking of T, I closed out the covered calls I had on. I will wait until after the spinoff of Warner Media before selling any more covered calls on T. March has been a really good month so far and I am looking forward to seeing how it closes out. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
On a side note, I have added a Recommended Resources in the menu. It currently is a work in progress. It will contain blogs and YouTube channels that I enjoy as well as some sites that I use. I hope you take the time to check it out.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $50. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
Varo Bank is one of the banks that I use. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 3% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link: https://bank.varomoney.com/signup?r=William360
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.