The stock market continued to go down again this week. The S&P 500 and NASDAQ are both in bear market territory with Dow Jones closing in on entering a bear market. There is a lot of uncertainty in the stock market. One thing I know for certain is that I will continue to buy regardless of what the market is doing. Now it’s time again for another weekly update on dividends, investing and options trading. Let’s check out the details for my week.
This week I received the following dividends in the Traditional IRA:
- 3M Co. (MMM) – $37.53
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $12.99
- Prudential Financial Inc. – (PRU) – $40.41
This week I received the following dividends in the Roth IRA:
- STAG Industrial Inc. (STAG) – $0.13
- Main Street Capital Corp. (MAIN) – $0.22
The dividends listed above were reinvested into the underlying positions.
In the taxable brokerage account, I received the following dividend this week:
- JD.com Inc. ADR (JD) – $0.15
JD does not normally pay a dividend but this was a special dividend to reward shareholders. This dividend was deposited to the core account to be reinvested at a future time.
For the week, I received a total of $91.43 in dividends.
This week I made the following buys in the Traditional IRA:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTI) – 0.10 shares
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) – 1.5 shares
- Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) – 0.325 shares
- 3M Co. (MMM) – 0.153 shares
This week I made the following buys in the Roth IRA:
- Medical Properties Trust Inc. (MPW) – 2 shares
- Huntington Bancshares Inc. (HBAN) – 2 shares
- STAG Industrial Inc. (STAG) – 0.50 shares
- Main Street Capital Corp. (MAIN) – 0.50 shares
- Digital Realty Trust Inc. (DLR) – 0.10 shares
- Crown Castle International Corp. (CCI) – 0.10 shares
- Vanguard Growth Index ETF (VUG) – 0.045 shares
- Store Capital Corp (STOR) – 0.584 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.141 shares
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.281 shares
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR) – 0.229 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.454 shares
- American Tower Corp. (AMT) – 0.63 shares
In the 401k, I made the following buys this week:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund – 9.5196 units
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 1.2245 units
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund – 2.5652 units
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund – 2.3235 units
No sells were made this week.
No positions were closed this week.
- Verizon (VZ) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $54.00 with an expiration date of July 01, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $10.41.
- Direxion Daily Semiconductor Bull 3X Shares ETF (SOXL) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $30.00 with an expiration date of July 15, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $8.51.
- General Motors Co. (GM) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $37.50 with an expiration date of June 24, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $11.36.
- Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $16.00 with an expiration date of June 17, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $4.71.
- Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) – a covered call at a strike price of $16.00 with an expiration date of June 17, 2022 expired out of the money. I held this trade for about 3 days for a profit of $4.71.
- Camping World Holdings (CWH) – a covered call at a strike price of $32.00 with an expiration date of June 17, 2022 expired out of the money. I held this trade for about 12 days for a profit of $9.46.
This week I received a total of $34.99 in options premium.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $107,493. As a result, this account is down -$6,143 week over week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $3,262. As a result, this account is up $20 week over week. When the contribution of $125 is factored in, this account was down for the week.
The 401k finished the week at about $11,756. As a result, this account is down -$318 week over week despite make a contribution to this account this week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $326. As a result, this account is down -$15 week over week.
The little bit of bitcoin in my portfolio dropped to below $11 this week. As result, it is down -$6 week over week.
This brings the total amount invested to about $122,848. Week over week, the total amount invested is down -$6,462. You can see all of the companies and funds that I invest in by clicking “Overall Portfolio” in the menu above.
For the week, I received a total of $126.42 of income from dividends and options premium. Despite the market going down, I continue to stick to my plan. While others are panicking and selling, I am buying. My biggest concern is finding extra money to add to my accounts and trying to decide which companies to invest with so many at great entry points right now. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Below is a list of a few businesses I use. Check out some these offers.
Lolli offers a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
Investing Made Easy
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $10 but will vary from time to time and could be up to $50. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
Up to 5% Savings Rate!
I use Varo Bank for part of my emergency fund. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 5% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link: https://bank.varomoney.com/signup?r=William360
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.