The S&P 500 was up slightly this week. The Nasdaq finished the week up more than 1%. Unfortunately, my accounts did not follow suit. The week was a busy one for investing. Several dividends were received, several buys were made and some options trades were made. Let’s take a look at the details for the week!
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) – $11.85
- Proctor & Gamble Co. (PG) – $19.60
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $12.19
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD) – $45.10
- Abbvie Inc. (ABBV) – $40.71
- British American Tobacco ADR (BTI) – $18.06
- Orion Office REIT Inc. (ONL) – $3.41
The dividends from TXN, PG and O were deposited into the core account to be reinvested at a future time. The funds from ONL were technically not a dividend but funds in lieu of fractional shares from the O spinoff which were deposited into the core account to be reinvested at a future time. The rest of these dividends were reinvested into the underlying positions.
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- Stag Industrial Inc. (STAG) – $0.12
- Main Street Capital (MAIN) – $0.17
Both dividends were reinvested into the underlying positions.
The total amount of dividends received this week was $151.21.
The following buy was made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTI) – 0.331 shares
The following buys were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Vanguard Growth ETF (VUG) – 0.03 shares
- Store Capital Corporation (STOR) – 0.445 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.063 shares
- Invesco Nasdaq Next Generation ETF (QQQJ) – 0.141 shares
- Philip Morris International Inc. (PM) – 0.165 shares
- Nationwide Risk Managed Income ETF (NUSI) – 0.686 shares
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.324 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.134 shares
- American Tower Corp. (AMT) – 0.057 shares
The following buys were made in the 401k this week:
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 0.3967 shares
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund – 1.4677 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund – 4.8595 shares
- DFA Global Real Estate Sector Portfolio – 0.2421 shares
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund – 1.2401 shares
The only sell this week was Orion Office REIT Inc. (ONL). These shares were received from the Realty Income (O) spinoff. I sold all five shares that I received. You can read more about why I sold here.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI) – bought a closing transaction on a cash secured put with a strike price of $22.50 expiring on November 19, 2021 for a premium of -$20.02 after fees. This trade was held for 13 days and produced a total profit of $94.30.
- Western Union Co. (WU) – sold a cash secured put at a strike price of $18.00 expiring on December 17, 2021 for a premium of $107.32 after fees.
- Hyliion Holdings (HYLN) – sold a cash secured put at a strike price of $7.50 expiring on November 26, 2021 for a premium of $38.32 after fees.
- Verizon (VZ) – a covered call with a strike price of $56.00 expired out of the money on November 19, 2021. This trade was held for approximately 29 days with a total profit of $9.47.
The total options premium received this week was $125.62.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $120,085. This is down -$983 from the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $1,353. This is up $99 over the previous week but includes a contribution of $100 so it was actually down by about -$1.
The 401k finished the week at about $9,955. This is up $131 over the previous week but includes a contribution of $177 so it was actually down about -$46.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $360. This is down about -$18 from the previous week.
The little bit of bitcoin that I have finished the week at about $27. This is down about -$3 from last week.
The total amount invested is now at about $131,780. This is down about -$774 from the previous week. If you would like to see all of the positions in my portfolio you can by clicking “Portfolios” in the menu or clicking here.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $276.83. Despite the accounts being down this week, I am not discouraged. I have a plan and I am sticking to it. I continue to contribute to the accounts regularly. The 401k is about to cross over a milestone of $10,000. Personally, I am in a very good place financially, probably the best of my life. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
On a side note, I have added a Recommended Resources in the menu. It currently is a work in progress. It will contain blogs and YouTube channels that I enjoy as well as some sites that I use. I hope you take the time to check it out.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $30. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
Varo Bank is one of the banks that I use. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 3% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link: https://bank.varomoney.com/signup?r=William360
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.