Another week has flown by. The S&P 500 had a good week finishing on a positive note. The NASDAQ didn’t fair as well. It was flat to down this week. My accounts did well this week, at least for the most part. Let’s check out the details below!
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) – $10.46
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) – $18.38
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $12.04
- Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) – $30.11
The dividend from PAA was deposited into the core account to reinvested into a different position in the future. The other dividends were reinvested into the underlying positions.
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- Main Street Capital Corp. (MAIN) – $0.16
The dividend from MAIN was reinvested into the underlying position.
The following dividends were received in the taxable brokerage account this week:
- Deere & Co. (DE) – $0.03
This dividend was deposited to the core account and will be reinvested in the future.
The total amount of dividends received this week was $71.18.
The following buys were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Kroger Co. (KR) – 1 share
The following buys were made in the 401k this week:
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares – 1.2284 shares
- Vanguard Small-Cap Index Fund Admiral Shares – 0.4032 shares
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral Shares – 3.6353 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares – 2.725 shares
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 2.1169 shares
- DFA Global Real Estate Sector Portfolio – 0.8167 shares
No sells were made this week.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- AT&T (T) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call expiring August 20, 2021 for a premium of -$3.03 after fees.
- AT&T (T) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $30 expiring September 24, 2021 for a premium of $9.46 after fees.
- Verizon (VZ) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call expiring August 27, 2021 for a premium of -$5.03 after fees.
- Verizon (VZ) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $57.50 expiring September 17, 2021 for a premium of $23.31 after fees.
The total amount of premium from options trading this week was $24.71.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at $119,078. This is up $894 from the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at $716. This is up $7 from the previous week.
The 401k finished the week at $8,549. This is up $200 from the previous week. This includes the bi-weekly contribution of $177.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at $323. This is down $8 from the previous week.
My small holding of bitcoin finished the week at $18.15. This is up $0.85 from last week.
The total amount invested is now up to about $128,684 which is up $1,092 from the previous week.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $95.89. My accounts did well this week with the exception of the taxable brokerage account. This account continues to struggle. It has a lot of speculative positions which tend to be volatile. Some of the companies in this account may fail and some may go to the moon. I am fine with the volatility in this account. The entire account makes up less than one quarter percent of my entire portfolio. As I do with all of my accounts, I will continue to monitor it and making changes if I feel it is necessary. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $50. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.