This week the the Dow Jones and S&P 500 were relatively flat while the NASDAQ was up a couple of percentage points. My accounts finished the week mixed with some up and some down. After a couple of down weeks for dividends it was good to see a great week for dividends received. Options premium was also pretty solid this week. I also continued investing by adding to several of my positions this week. Let’s check out the details for my weekly update on dividends, investing and options trading.
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) – $68.35
- AT&T Inc. (T) – $62.44
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPM) – $9.00
- CVS Health Corporation (CVS) – $28.73
- Lowes Companies Inc. (LOW) – $16.50
The dividends from VZ and T were deposited into the core account and were manually reinvested. The rest of the dividends were automatically reinvested into the underlying positions.
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- J.P. Morgan NASDAQ Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPQ) – $3.47
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – $6.09
These dividends were automatically reinvested back into the underlying positions.
The total amount of dividends received this week was $194.58.
In the Traditional IRA, I made the following buys this week:
- Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) – 1.20 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index ETF (VTI) – 0.20 shares
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) – 1.829 shares
- AT&T Inc. (T) – 0.874 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.308 shares
- Lowes Companies Inc. (LOW) – 0.10 shares
This week I made the following buys in the Roth IRA:
- Vanguard Growth Index ETF (VUG) – 0.078 shares
- Store Capital Corp. (STOR) – 1 share
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.50 shares
- Medical Properties Trust Inc. (MPW) – 0.558 shares
- J.P. Morgan NASDAQ Premium Equity Income ETF (JEPQ) – 0.41 shares
- J.P. Morgan Premium Equity Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.353 shares
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR) – 0.50 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.572 shares
This week I made the following buys in the taxable brokerage account:
- Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB) – 0.32394 shares
- Pinterest Inc. (PINS) – 0.11178 shares
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR) – 0.46525 shares
- SoFi Technologies Inc. (SOFI) – 0.64887 shares
- Alibaba (BABA) – 0.01133 shares
- Shopify Inc. (SHOP) – 0.03241 shares
- ASML Holdinb NV (ASML) – 0.00547 shares
- Roku Inc. (ROKU) – 0.05935 shares
- Deere & Co. (DE) – 0.01062 shares
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week.
No positions were closed this week.
- Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $18.50 with an expiration date of August 12, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $6.61 after fees.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) – sold a covered call at a strike price of $48.50 with an expiration date of August 12, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $5.66 after fees.
- Camping World Holdings (CWH) – sold a covered call at a strike price $28.00 with an expiration date of August 5, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $74.31 after fees.
- AT&T Inc. (T) – sold two covered calls at a strike price of $20.00 with an expiration date of August 19, 2022. The premium received for this trade was $5.63 after fees.
- Direxion Daily Semiconductor Bull 3X Shares ETF (SOXL) – a cash secured put at a strike price of $17.00 with an expiration date of August 05, 2022 expired out of the money. I held this trade for about 10 days resulting in a profit of $53.31.
- Camping World Holdings (CWH) – a covered call at a strike price of $28.00 with an expiration date of August 05, 2022 expired in the money. As a result, my position of 100 shares will be assigned and sold for $28.00 per share. I held this trade for about 5 days resulting in a profit of $74.31 from options premium. My cost basis on this position was $27.48 so I profited another $52 from capital appreciation.
This week I received a total of $92.21 in options premium.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $116,698. As a result, the account value increased by $748 from the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $4,361. As a result, the account value increased by $113. When the regular $125 contribution is factored in, the account is down slightly for the week.
The 401k finished the week at about $13,343. As a result, the account value decreased by -$55 from the previous week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $448. As a result, the account value increased by $57 from the previous week. This includes the regular monthly contribution of $25.
The little bit of bitcoin that I own finished the week at a little over $15 which is down -$1 from last week.
This brings the total amount invested to about $134,865. Week over week, the total amount invested increased by $862. You can see all of the companies and funds I invest in by clicking “Overall Portfolio” in the menu above.
This week also saw a little bit of interest income in the bank accounts totaling $24.56. The combined income from dividends, options premium and interest totaled $311.35. This week was a good week for generating income from the accounts. One downside to this week is the CWH shares getting called away. This will drop my projected annual dividend income down significantly. I do plan to sell a put on CWH so I might be able to get the shares back. This is what happens when using the wheel strategy for options trading so I am not too concerned about losing the shares. Plus, there is plenty of time before the ex-dividend date. That wraps it up for this weekly update on dividends, investing and options trading. Thanks for following along.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Below is a list of a few businesses I use. Check out some these offers.
Up to 5% Savings Rate!
I use Varo Bank for part of my emergency fund. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 5% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. I got us both $50 from Varo.* Just open a Varo Bank Account using my link below, spend $20 on your new debit card, and we’ll both get paid. https://varomoney.com/r/?r=William360
Lolli offers rewards in the form of bitcoin for shopping at a large variety of stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog click my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
Investing Made Easy
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $10 but will vary from time to time and could be up to $50. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.
One thought on “Dividends, Investing and Options Trading Weekly Update 8/5/22”