Another week has come and gone. Nothing too exciting happened in the investing accounts this week. Let’s check it out below.
I received no dividends in the Roth IRA this week.
In the Traditional IRA I received the following dividends:
- Fidelity MSCI Information Technology ETF (FTEC) $4.25
- Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US ETF (VEU) $1.65
- Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF (VEA) $1.71
- Raytheon Technologies Corp. (RTX) $7.69
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) $9.40
The total dividends received this week was $24.70 which was reinvested into the account.
All of the buying and selling activity this week took place in the Traditional IRA.
- Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF (VEA) sold out of this position
- Vanguard Small Cap Index Fund (VB) sold out of this position
- Winston Gold Corp. (WGMCF) bought 260 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI) bought 5 shares
- Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US ETF (VEU) bought 6 shares
- Kroger (KR) bought 2 shares
I sold out the Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF (VEA) and moved the money to the Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US ETF (VEU). I feel that I do not need two international ETFs so I decided to consolidate to one. I prefer VEU due to its exposure to the Asian markets. I sold out of the Vanguard Small Cap Index Fund (VB) and moved the money to the Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI). I feel this will bring more stability to the portfolio while also still having some exposure to small cap stocks.
Here is the options trading activity for the week:
- Verizon (VZ) sold a covered call at a strike price of $59 expiring on 4/1/21 for a premium of $6.60 after fees.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) sold a covered call at a strike price of $6 expiring on 4/16/21 for a premium of $19.30 after fees.
- Mustang Bio (MBIO) sold 2 contracts for covered calls at a strike price of $5 expiring on 4/16/21 for a premium of $28.62 after fees.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) sold a cash secured put at a strike price of $4 expiring on 4/16/21 for a premium of $59.30 after fees.
The total premium received this week from trading options was $113.82. This week was much better than last week. Covered calls on AT&T (T) and Plains All-American Pipeline (PAA) expired out of the money.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at $111,779. This is up $2,912 over last week. The monthly contribution of $35 is included in the numbers above.
The 401k finished the week at $6,392 which is up $155 from the last time I posted a balance. Contributions were made to the account so overall it is down a little bit.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $350 which is up $9 over last week.
The taxable growth account with M1 finance finished the week down 6.89% at about $164. This is down about $11 from last week. You can check out all of my positions in this account here: https://m1.finance/MvvbI-KvPEe6.
The combined total of dividends and options premium this week was $138.52. This is not life changing money be any means, but it is money that I can reinvest into the accounts to increase the compounding. Over time, the money received from dividends and options premium will become significant enough to pay all of my expenses when I retire. It was nice to see the account values go up on the retirement accounts this week. The growth account continues to get pummeled. That’s okay because I plan on staying invested and expect the account grow significantly over the long term.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence and consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.