This week was a very busy week of investing for me. It was a great week for dividends, there was a bunch of buys, a couple of sells, plenty of options trading and some of the accounts gained this week while others did not. Let’s check out the details.
This week I received the following dividends in the Roth IRA:
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – $0.40
This week I received the following dividends in the Traditional IRA:
- Verizon Communications (VZ) – $63.90
- AT&T (T) – $58.78
- CVS Health (CVS) – $25.52
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) – $16.03
- Lowes (LOW) – $9.11
The combined total for dividends received this week was $173.74. The dividends were reinvested.
This week I bought the following in the Roth IRA:
- Vanguard Growth ETF (VUG) – 0.074 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.266 shares
- Invesco NASDAQ Next Gen 100 ETF (QQQJ) – 0.314 shares
This week I bought the following in the Traditional IRA:
- Visa (V) – 1 share
- Prudential Financial (PRU) – 1 share
- 3M Company (MMM) – 1 share
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – 1 share
- Fidelity MSCI Information Technology ETF (FTEC) – 3 shares
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) – 2 shares
- Brookfield Renewable Corp. (BEPC) – 30 shares
The following were the buys in the taxable growth account:
- PayPal Holdings (PYPL) – $1.57
- Alibaba (BABA) – $1.59
- Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB) – $1.15
- Pinterest (PINS) – $1.46
- Invitae Corp. (NVTA) – $1.14
- Iridium Communications (IRDM) – $1.45
- Materialise Nv (MTLS) – $1.45
- Trimble Inc. (TRMB) – $1.00
- Sea Ltd (SE) – $1.29
- Teladoc Health Inc. (TDOC) – $2.67
- Deere & Co. (DE) – $1.14
- Square Inc. (SQ) – $1.69
- Roku Inc. (ROKU) – $2.75
The following are the sells for the week in the Traditional IRA:
- Citigroup (C) – sold out of this position.
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) – sold out of this position and moved the money into Brookfield Renewable Corp. (BEPC).
The following are the options trades made this week:
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call with a strike price of $4 expiring May 21, 2021 for a premium of -$5.03.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call with a strike price of $5 expiring on June 18, 2021 for a premium of -$3.03.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) sold a covered call at a strike price of $5 expiring on September 17, 2021 for a premium of $15.31.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) sold a covered call at a strike price of $7.50 expiring January 20, 2023 for a premium of $59.31.
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) bought a closing transaction on a covered call with a strike price of $11 expiring on August 20, 2021 for a premium of -$27.03.
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) sold a covered call at a strike price of $10 expiring January 21, 2022 for a premium of $91.31.
- Mustang Bio Inc. (MBIO) bought a closing transaction on a covered call with a strike price of $5 expiring on May 21, 2021 for a premium of -$5.03.
- Mustang Bio Inc. (MBIO) sold a covered call at a strike price of $2.50 expiring June 18, 2021 for a premium of $47.31.
- Invesco Mortgage (IVR) a covered call with a strike price of $4 expired out of the money on May 7, 2021.
The total options premium received this week was $173.12.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at $116,069 which is up $2,367 over the previous week.
The 401k finished the week at $7,151 which is up $234 over last week. This total includes the automatic bi-weekly contribution of $164. I did change the elections for my contributions in this account. Going forward, my contributions will be allocated as follows:
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund – 25%
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund – 40%
- Vanguard Small Cap Index Fund – 5%
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 10%
- DFA Global Real Estate Portfolio – 10%
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund – 10%
The Roth IRA finished the week at $484 which is up $50 over last week. This includes a one time contribution of $50 that I added this week as a birthday present to myself. In reality this account was flat for the week.
The taxable growth account finished the week at $237 which is up $8 over the previous week. This does include the regular monthly contribution of $25, so it was a down week in this account. This account is with M1 Finance. You can see the holdings in this account here: https://m1.finance/ROCYHnGmEtke .
The total amount invested across all accounts is now at $123,941. This is up $2,659 over last week.
The combined income this week from dividends and options premium was $346.86. This was a really solid week for generating income in the accounts. This income is reinvested into the accounts to help the accounts grow. In the Traditional IRA I continued to trim some positions and add to those in which I have stronger conviction. In the Roth IRA I added some ETFs that I hope will contribute to the growth of this account. The taxable growth account has been taking a beating lately. I am going to stick with the holdings in this account and see how it plays out over the next few months. That pretty much wraps it up for the week. Thanks for following along!
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence and consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $30. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.