The stock market was down a little bit this week. I guess it was due for a down week. Most of my accounts were down a little bit this week as well. Let’s check out the details for the week.
The following dividends were received this week in the Roth IRA:
- Stag Industrial Inc. (STAG) – $0.12
- Main Street Capital Corp. (MAIN) – $0.16
Both dividends were reinvested into the underlying companies.
The following dividends were received this week in the Traditional IRA:
- 3M Co. (MMM) – $30.32
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $11.93
- NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE) – $3.13
- iShares Trust Core Dividend Growth ETF (DGRO) -$26.40
- Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) – $24.82
All of the dividends were reinvested into the underlying companies. The total amount of dividends received this week was $96.88. The amount of dividends I receive continues to grow. For now the dividends are being used to grow the accounts with the eventually goal of having enough dividends to cover my expenses.
The buys this week in the Traditional IRA were as follows:
- Kroger Co. (KR) – 13 shares
The buys in the 401k this week were as follows:
- Vanguard Small-Cap Index Fund Admiral Shares – .3834 shares
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral Shares – 3.3987 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares – 2.6953 shares
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 2.0639 shares
- DFA Global Real Estate Sector Portfolio – .7958 shares
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares – 1.155 shares
There were no sells this week.
This was not an active week for options trading. I did have the following positions expire this week in the Traditional IRA:
- United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC) – a covered call with a strike price of $12.50 expired out of the money on June 18, 2021.
- AT&T Inc. (T) – a covered call with a strike price of $32 expired out of the money on June 18,2021.
- Mustang Bio Inc. (MBIO) – a covered call with a strike price of $2.50 expired in the money on June 18, 2021. 100 shares of MBIO have been assigned.
No options premium was received this week. I did receive $249.99 after fees from selling MBIO shares when the shares were assigned from the covered call finishing in the money.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at $113,496 which is down -$3,332 from the previous week.
The 401k finished the week at $7,624 which is up $42 from the previous week. This total includes the automatic bi-weekly contribution of $164 so this account was actually down this week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at $604 which is up $45 from the previous week. This total includes the regular monthly contribution of $60 which means this account was also down this week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $274 which is up about $6 from last week.
The total amount invested across all of the accounts is $121,998 which is down -$2,971 from last week. You can see all of my positions on the Portfolios tab in the menu or clicking this link: https://bluecollarbill.com/portfolios/
I did not receive any options premium so the only income was the $96.88 from dividends. Even though the market was down this week as well as my accounts, I still like the progress I have been making. I am grateful that access to the financial markets has never been easier and more affordable. Being able to purchase stocks on my computer or phone with little to no fees and the ability to purchase fractional shares sure is a game changer. Even a blue collar factory worker like me can make money in the stock market and take charge of their financial future. That pretty much wraps it up for this week. Until next week, keep investing and working toward the goal of financial freedom.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $30. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.