Both the S&P 500 and NASDAQ had good weeks and finished up for the week. All of my accounts also had a good week finishing up. It is nice to see positive weeks in the stock markets. Let’s check out the details of how my accounts did this week!
The only dividends received this week were in the Traditional IRA.
- Fidelity MSCI Information Technology ETF (FTEC) – $6.14
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) – $10.51
The dividends were reinvested into the underlying positions. The total amount of dividends received this week was $16.65.
The buys this week in the Roth IRA include the following:
- Vanguard Growth ETF (VUG) – 0.05 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.20 shares
- Invesco NASDAQ Next Gen 100 ETF (QQQJ) – 0.25 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.50 shares
There were no other buys this week in any of the accounts. There were no sells this week across all accounts.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC) – sold a covered call with a strike price of $12.50 expiring on August 20, 2021 for a premium of $9.46 after fees.
- AT&T (T) – sold a covered call with a strike price of $30.50 expiring on July 16, 2021 for a premium of $4.71 after fees.
- Organigram Holdings (OGI) – sold a cash secured put with a strike price of $3.00 expiring on July 16, 2021 for a premium of $24.31 after fees.
- Altria Group Inc. (MO) – bought a closing transaction on a covered call with a strike price of $52.50 expiring on September 17, 2021 for a premium of -$38.03 after fees.
- Altria Group Inc. (MO) – sold a covered call with a strike price of $52.50 expiring on December 17, 2021 for a premium of $83.31 after fees.
- Verizon (VZ) – a covered call with a strike price of $59.00 expired out of the money on June 25, 2021.
The total amount of options premium received this week was $83.76.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at $115,761 which is up $2,265 over last week.
The 401k finished the week at $7,728 which is up $104 over last week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at $619 which is up $15 over last week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at $289 which is up $15 over the past week. This account has finally made back into positive territory for the year although barely with a total gain of $0.38.
The total amount invested across all of the accounts is $124,397 which is up $2,399 over last week. You can see all of my portfolio positions by clicking on the portfolio tab in the menu above or following this link: https://bluecollarbill.com/portfolios/
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $100.41. To some, $100 might not seem like much. From my perspective, the amount I received this month in dividends and options premium could have paid my electric bill, gas bill, phone/internet bill and car insurance for the month. Admittedly, I still have a long way to go to be able to cover all of my living expenses but I am working on it. Reinvesting the dividends and options premium will help my accounts grow. Once I get my debt paid off I will be able to invest significantly more money with each paycheck. I am confident that if I execute my plan I will be able to reach my goals. That wraps it up for this week. Thanks for reading and following along on my journey to financial freedom.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $30. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.