What a week this was. The stock market was up this week and so were my accounts. There was a lot of activity in the accounts this week from dividends, buys, sells and options trading. Personally, it was also a busy week. Let’s check out the details of my week.
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) – $65.89
- AT&T Inc. (T) – $59.75
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPM) – $5.09
- CVS Health Corp. (CVS) – $25.85
- Bristol-Meyers Squibb Co. (BMY) – $19.73
- Lowes Companies Inc. (LOW) – $12.24
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – $0.82
All of the dividends except for CVS were reinvested into the underlying positions. The CVS dividend was deposited into the core account to be reinvested at a later time.
The total amount of dividends received this week was $189.37.
The following buys were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index ETF (VTI) – 0.50 shares
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) – 1 share
- Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) – 1 share
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) – 0.144 shares
The following buys were made in the Roth IRA this week:
- Invesco Nasdaq Next Generation ETF (QQQJ) – 0.141 shares
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.325 shares
- American Tower Corp. (AMT) – 0.054 shares
The following buys were made in the 401k this week:
- DFA Global Real Estate Sector Portfolio – 0.2399 shares
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund – 1.458 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund – 4.8419 shares
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 0.3934 shares
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund – 1.2257 shares
The following buys were made in the taxable brokerage account this week:
- Shopify Inc. (SHOP) – $1.87
- Zillow Group Inc. (Z) – $1.39
- Chewy Inc. (CHWY) – $3.36
- Roku Inc. (ROKU) – $1.47
- Amazon (AMZN) – $1.97
- Pinterest (PINS) – $1.13
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – $1.95
- Alibaba (BABA) – $3.11
- PayPal Holdings Inc. (PYPL) – $1.13
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – $1.19
- Teladoc Health Inc. (TDOC) – $1.72
The following sells were made in the taxable brokerage account this week:
- Tesla Inc. (TSLA) – $0.20
- Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB) – $0.03
The sells were automatically done by M1 Finance. I am not sure why these were made since I did not initiate sells.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Petmed Express Inc. (PETS) – bought a closing transaction expiring November 19, 2021 for a premium of -$20.02 including fees.
- Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI) – sold a cash secured put at a strike price of $22.50 expiring on November 19, 2021 for a premium of $114.32 after fees.
- Kroger Co. (KR) – bought a closing transaction expiring November 5, 2021 for a premium of -$21.02 including fees.
- Kroger Co. (KR) – Sold a covered call at a strike price of $44 expiring on November 26, 2021 for a premium of $37.32 after fees.
The KR stock price ran up during the week and the covered call that I had on expiring on Friday was in the money. Fortunately, the stock price started to pull back on Friday which allowed me to roll this option for a profit. If I would not have rolled the option, the covered call would have finished in the money and my shares would have been called away.
The total options premium received this week was $110.60.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $121,669. This is up $2,612 over the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $1,251. This is up $112 over the previous week. This includes a contribution of $100.
The 401k finished the week at about $9,862. This is up $299 over the previous week. This includes the bi-weekly contribution of about $177.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $385. This is up $20 over the previous week. This includes the monthly contribution of $25.
The little bit of bitcoin that I own finished the week a little over $28. This is relatively flat compared to last week.
The total amount invested is now about $133,195. This is up $3,043 over the previous week. You can see all of the positions in my portfolio by clicking here or on “Portfolios” in the Menu.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $299.97. This was a busy week for me. Lots of dividends came in this week. A lot of buys were made this week across the accounts. For the Roth IRA, I now have it set up add $100 every two weeks when I get paid. Options trading went well this week. It was a busy week personally too. For those who have been following along you will know that I was involved a car accident a little while ago. On Thursday, the insurance company informed that my vehicle was a total loss. This started a process of getting a lot paperwork done so that I can get my payment from the insurance company. The insurance company has already paid off the finance company and now I am waiting for my payment. I should get enough to buy a decent used car and not have a car payment. I have already started looking at a few vehicles so that I am prepared to buy a car as soon as the payment comes through. Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
On a side note, I have added a Recommended Resources in the menu. It currently is a work in progress. It will contain blogs and YouTube channels that I enjoy as well as some sites that I use. I hope you take the time to check it out.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $30. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
Varo Bank is one of the banks that I use. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 3% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link: https://bank.varomoney.com/signup?r=William360
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.