This week in the markets was like a roller coaster. A little up and down before finishing the week down. There is still time for a Santa Claus rally, but time is running short. Let’s check out how my accounts handle the roller coaster ride this week!
The following dividends were received in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – $82.80
- 3M Co. (MMM) – $30.78
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $12.70
- NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE) – $3.16
- Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) – $26.52
The dividends from SCHD, MMM and PRU were reinvested into the underlying positions. The other dividends were deposited into the core account to be reinvested at a future time.
The following dividends were received in the Roth IRA this week:
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – $0.70
- STAG Industrial Inc. (STAG) – $0.12
- Main Street Capital Corp. (MAIN) – $0.17
All of the dividends listed above were reinvested into the underlying positions.
The total amount of dividends received this week was $156.95.
The following buy was made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index ETF (VTI) – 1 share
The following buys were made in the Roth IRA this week:
- Vanguard Growth ETF (VUG) – 0.032 shares
- Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (SCHD) – 0.063 shares
- Invesco NASDAQ Next Generation ETF (QQQJ) – 0.154 shares
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. (OHI) – 1 share *new position*
- Nationwide NASDAQ 100 Risk Managed ETF (NUSI) – 0.721 shares
- J.P. Morgan Equity Premium Income ETF (JEPI) – 0.32 shares
- Amplify CWP Enhanced Dividend ETF (DIVO) – 0.133 shares
The following buys were made in the 401k this week:
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund – 0.5636 shares
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund – 1.9217 shares
- DFA Commodity Strategy Portfolio – 0.4055 shares
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund – 0.4932 shares
No sells were made this week.
The following options trades were made in the Traditional IRA this week:
- Genius Sports Ltd. (GENI) – 2 contracts for cash secured puts at a strike price of $10 expiring on December 17, 2021 were assigned early on December 16, 2021.
- Genius Sports Ltd. (GENI) – sold a covered call on 2 contracts at a strike price of $10 expiring on January 21, 2022 for a premium of $50.65 after fees.
The total amount of options premium received this week was $50.65.
The Traditional IRA finished the week at about $121,290. This is down $264 from the previous week.
The Roth IRA finished the week at about $1,537. This is up $89 over the previous but includes a contribution of $100.
The 401k finished the week at about $10,149. This is down $17 from the previous week.
The taxable brokerage account finished the week at about $354. This is down $5 from the previous week.
The little bit of bitcoin that I own finished the week just $23. This is down about $1 from the previous week.
The total amount invested is now about $133,353. This is down $198 from the previous week. All of the positions in my portfolio can be seen by clicking on “Portfolios” in the menu or clicking here.
The total amount of dividends and options premium received this week was $207.60. I continue to execute my plan, week after week. It may seem boring, but I believe having a plan and consistently sticking to it will reap rewards over the long haul. Despite my overall portfolio value dropping a little bit this week, I am satisfied with the progress I am making. The dividends keep rolling in as well as the options premium. Over time these numbers will grow. That about wraps it up for this week. Thanks for following along!
On a side note, I have added a Recommended Resources in the menu. It currently is a work in progress. It will contain blogs and YouTube channels that I enjoy as well as some sites that I use. I hope you take the time to check it out.
*Disclaimer – I am not a financial professional. The information shared here should not be considered financial advice. I am just a factory worker sharing my experience as I strive to achieve financial freedom. Before investing or making any financial decision do your own research and due diligence or consider seeking the advice of a financial and/or tax professional.
Here are some of the businesses that I use that I thought some of you might be interested in.
Lolli has a variety of stores that it is affiliated with and offers rewards for shopping at these stores. I use Lolli when I shop on Chewy and I get bitcoin as a reward. Who doesn’t want free bitcoin! If you are interested in Lolli and want to help support the blog here is my referral link: https://www.lolli.com/share/XP7gxDgqC4
I use M1 Finance for my taxable growth account. M1 Finance offers promotions for signing up. At the time of writing this post, the promotion is for $50. These promotions vary from time to time but is usually a $10 bonus. If you are interested in M1 Finance and want to support the blog here is my referral link: https://m1.finance/ktIiFeOI5zDr
Varo Bank is one of the banks that I use. From time to time the bank will run promotions. Currently, you can earn up to 3% on your savings with Varo, if you meet certain requirements. If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link: https://bank.varomoney.com/signup?r=William360
I use the free version on trackyourdividends.com. This is a quick an easy way for me to track my estimated annual income from dividends.
If you use the referral links listed above I could receive compensation. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions before signing up.